This is a large natural, unheated Brazilian aquamarine. See the photos of the crystal and cutting as well as the finished stone! The inclusions in this stone are interesting, this is one of a kind. Nice color and brilliance with 229 facets.
- Weight: 22.73 carats
- Dimensions: 18.1 x 14.0 mm
- Origin: Minas Gerais, Brazil
- Color: GIA: B 3/4 World of Color: 5B 8/6 (very light blue)
- Clarity: SI (inclusions, see photos)
- Cut: Multifaceted Brilliant (229 facets)
Overall Quality: 5 (lower good)*
- – if you look at the photos that look straight down on the table, you will notice a little lop-sided upper tier of facets. This was due to a machine adjustment problem. A significant deduction for quality was therefore appropriate.
* For a description of quality factors, see the valuation article.